«« New stuff! | What I did over Thanksgiving besides EAT... »»

November 24, 2008

Blog fodder

Hey! Thanks for the comments on my glasses! I have responded to most of you and I think I said:

"Boys DO make passes at girls who wear glasses"

Right? Well they do. I will leave it at that.

So did you ever work somewhere where there was one person who totally got your sense of humor or personality? Then you become good friends and they make your work day ever so much better? I have many friends like that. (Lemon! I miss you a ton)

Well I have a friend Carol, who comments on my blog and doesn't even knit. She appreciates my knitting though. Carol has to be one of the funniest people I know. She turns me on to Buffy the Vampire Slayer series, I turn her on to Flight of the Conchords. We talk in silly British accents or old Jewish lady accents all the time at work. So now we are into the whole Twilight thing. (I turned her on to it - she hates Bella though...) I also let her borrow the movie Marie Antoinette. You know the one with Kristin Dunst. I love that movie. The music is awesome. The costumes were beautiful and Kristin Dunst, well, she could have at least spoke in a fake British accent like me! She wasn't great, but I still liked the movie.

Well our local museum had an exhibition of Marie Antoinette inspired clothing. We had to go. The exhibit was eh...okay...

I couldn't take any pictures and I wanted to because they had a sheep mannequin with a crown on it's head. I tried to be sneaky, but the musuem guard was right there! Okay, so we check out the museum. Downstairs they have a room just for kids. The museum is totally dead. So Carol and I decide to "play"

goof ball that I am.jpg

I say! Let them eat cake!

cc as ma.JPG

Carol says: Cake or death!!!! Death! No I mean cake! Yes Cake!!!

Moving right along...we found a "dress up" room. Well what would you do if nobody was around?

dress up 1.JPG

Yep! Then a grown up showed up with some kiddo's. He took the picture for us!

I was able to sneak this photo:

knitting porcupine_25.JPG

There was no sign saying I couldn't and the guard wasn't around. How cool is this? Now I know what to do with all those knitting needles that don't have mates! Um yeah right.

Hey, at least some of this is knitting releated!

Posted by beth at November 24, 2008 12:31 PM

Comments

Hi Geek,

It looks like you had a very good day. I wish I still had a friend to play with like that. But sadly I don't any longer. She died a few years back. It felt good to see a "grown-up" have some good "kid" fun again.

Never grow all the way up. We need people like you.

Sincerely, Lady Euphoria

Posted by: Lady Euphoria at November 24, 2008 01:59 PM

I love the porcupine! That would be a fun way to store spare straights. For dpns, it might be a little hazardous, I think.

Posted by: Kirstie at November 24, 2008 02:29 PM

I totally would have dressed up as well. Good for you! Nice that you have a buddy you can do that with as well. Its hard to find crazies that are the same brand as our own :P HAHAHA

Posted by: shannon at November 24, 2008 02:56 PM

I'm so glad you caught that exhibit. I called you o a Sunday to see if you could go with me but you weren't home. I am dying to take some pictures of the shoes!

Posted by: Margaret at November 24, 2008 02:58 PM

That is awesome. I would have done the same in the dress-up room. Love the porcupine too!

Posted by: katie at November 24, 2008 07:22 PM

Don't you just love when you have "work friends" like that? That's how I met my friend Debbie 6 years ago. We are still friends, even through my move and back from SF and that we don't work together anymore.

Posted by: Stacey at November 24, 2008 08:06 PM

Yay Eddie Izzard!

Posted by: Brandy at November 24, 2008 08:16 PM

I miss you too :( glad you have someone to do fun stuff with...I think you were always very outgoing.... Easy to be friends with. Have a great turkey day :) are you cooking?

Posted by: lemon at November 25, 2008 11:28 AM

Yeah, but where ya gonna find the groundhog to hold still?

I think we'd get along just great! Accents and vampires.

I still haven't read the book. I started but then realized my Mom wanted to read it and she's stuck at home so I brought it to her! Might just get another for myself and let her keep the other.

Posted by: Laurie at November 25, 2008 03:21 PM

Aww... I wanna play dress up!!

Posted by: Sara at November 25, 2008 04:24 PM