«« Yarn Yarn Yarn! | OMG!!! »»

September 10, 2008

Please bear with me will I show off my spinning...

Yet again! I promise, there will be knitting content soon. It's just that my spinning mojo is in high gear and well you got to run with it if you got it right?

Here is my latest

pretty purple 4.JPG

It's so lusterous! It shines! I haven't washed this skein yet to set the twist. I couldn't wait to show a picture. It just amazes me how it can go from this

purplelocks.jpg

to this

pretty purple bobbin.JPG

to this

pretty purple 1.JPG

sigh.... I did a little fiddling with my other wheel. Remember? I also have an Ashford Traditional. Just found out it is from 1975! Well, like I said, I fiddled a little with it and now it spins like buttah. Really! I feel like I got myself a new wheel! And to think I was gonna maybe sell it.

PS - I am knitting. Really I am.

Posted by beth at September 10, 2008 02:32 PM

Comments

That purple is so pretty!

Posted by: Christie at September 10, 2008 03:18 PM

You needn't ever apologize for showing spinning! Just lovely!

Posted by: pumpkinmama at September 10, 2008 05:40 PM

That's REALLY beautiful! I say if it looks that good, do you need to wet it? (I don't really know, I'm asking). I've heard that when you "set the twist" it still wants to go back to what it was. I haven't knit with my handspun yet, oh wait I did... but it wasn't plied.

Posted by: lisa at September 10, 2008 06:44 PM

You can show off your spinning whenever you want! This one is just beautiful. I love the shine!

Posted by: katie at September 11, 2008 08:15 AM

That is amazing yarn - it makes me almost want to spin, although I need another hobby like a bag of potato chips.

The color is lovely - what are your plans or are you just building a stash?

Posted by: Nicholas at September 11, 2008 08:18 AM

Just beautiful!!! I'm still drooling over that green in your last post!

Posted by: Robin at September 11, 2008 03:15 PM

It is goregous. BEAUTIFUL! Lovely enough for me to risk posting a comment here knowing that there will be an email about spinning coming right back at me.

I did think seriously about spinning though about five minutes ago. Seriously - and I mean the yarn kind - not the exercise version.

Posted by: Audrey at September 11, 2008 08:28 PM