«« 1 sock and 1 cute cat | I'm outta here baby! »»

July 05, 2007

The day after...

It just didn't feel like the 4th this year. It was in the middle of the week. The weather was crap. We didn't do anything. I had yesterday off. Big woop. It felt like a Sunday. You wanna know what I did yesterday? I took a big blanket to the laundromat. Suki pwacked on it and it was too big to put in our washer. So me and not so little geek went to the laundromat. WOW! How exciting!

Okay, so that is not all I did. I haven't done any spinning lately, so I dusted off the Kiwi and decided to spin up the Holiday Project Wool that we get in the guild I belong to. We have to make something out of this roving and bring it to the December meeting.

hproving.jpg

Pretty stuff huh? I believe this is an alpaca/merino blend. Guild girls, help me out..... am I right?

Here are the singles

hpsingles.jpg

I know that I am way ahead of my self in getting this done, but not really. See, it would be just like me to get this done at the last moment and totally stress about it. So I am half the way there. I just have to ply it and then think up a project to make. I won't be able to show you what it is until December. Can you wait that long?

Just so you know, I did take the current sock on the needles to the laundromat. I should finish this up by the weekend.

esocks.jpg

I have to. I am going on vacation next week and want to start a fresh pair!

Posted by beth at July 5, 2007 12:58 PM

Comments

You have such a good memory! It is a 50/50 blend of alpaca and merino. I'm so happy to see you spinning it! Doesn't it spin up nicely! You'll have it done in no time! I just bought the finishing touches for my project... but you'll have to wait to see it! :-D

Posted by: Salt City Spinner at July 5, 2007 01:26 PM

I hear ya! I got my oil changed to celebrate the big day. OK...so I also went to my parents for a cookout but, if you think about it, me my mom and dad don't make much of a party. Nice looking spinning you got goin' on there, though. And the socks? To die for!

Posted by: Sheepish Annie at July 5, 2007 02:03 PM

Wow, which picture of the yarn is more true: this one or the one in your last post? I loooooove it in the current picture but I'm thinking the other is probably more "right" since it's in sunlight.

And spinning always amazes me.

Posted by: katie at July 5, 2007 02:14 PM

A-ha. So there still *is* a vacation ;) Email me...I'll give you my cell.

Posted by: Stacey at July 5, 2007 11:00 PM

Ooh... the socks are really pretty!!

Posted by: Sara at July 6, 2007 09:36 AM

Sometimes the 4th is just the day after the 3rd. :-)

Nice spinning. Have a great vacation.

Posted by: Laurie at July 6, 2007 04:56 PM

That alpaca-merino is so beautiful that it makes me want to try spinning. And nice socks too!

Posted by: Kamicha at July 7, 2007 04:53 AM

Way to get ahead with the spinning! I'd probably do the same thing.... that is if I had my spinning wheel here in Canada...sigh...

Posted by: Erin at July 7, 2007 10:01 AM

Gorgeous singles! I just got my first wheel and spent all last night learning how to spin on it. I'm addicted!

Posted by: Crystal at July 7, 2007 12:46 PM

Nice socks! They wouldn't fit my big feet, but I know someone they would be perfect for!! M

Posted by: marya at July 9, 2007 09:35 AM

I am not much of a fireworks girl, but P took me to a drive-in movie in S. Michigan! It was so AMERICAN. Awesome.

All my stuff is packed - but I am hoping to take some spinning lessons in Lansing - then I can get through my Rhinebeck stash!

Posted by: meg at July 10, 2007 08:29 PM