«« I'm outta here baby! | Oh dear, I forgot to blog...... »»

July 23, 2007

I am back and rested. Or am I?

I actually got back last Wednesday, but really..... I am back in the saddle. Phew! I needed that trip! I went out to see my brother in California and I took my son with me. Mr. Big Geek had to stay home this trip.

I have so many great pictures from the trip I would love to share, but I fear you would be bored to tears so I will stick to a couple and show you fiber related only. Or if you insist....

Here is my son in his first ride in a convertable

lgincar 1.jpg

What a funny kid!

There were fresh flowers in my room from my SIL's rose farm

roses.jpg

My bro lives in the middle of nowhere, but it sure is purty. These are the "Butes" I hope I spelled that right

sights.jpg

He let me drive his car..... once.....

rad car.jpg

What? It didn't have power steering or power brakes! I didn't want to reck it! But it sure is cool!

My SIL took me to an alpaca farm and I got up close with these guys! I loved him because he looks like a panda bear.

lovelycreatures.jpg

I guess this guy really isn't smiling. He isn't too happy. So I took his picture and left it alone.

smiley.jpg

The owner of the farm, whom, I forgot her business card.... gave me some fiber! How sweet was that! I can't wait to try it out! It is from a baby alpaca she said.

baby alpaca fiber.jpg

I took my sock along on my trip and I really didn't work on it much. This is how far I am since being back. (almost there)

tusock.jpg

I did manage to find 2 yarn stores in Chico, CA. Which was about an hour away. I picked up some Wild Foot sock yarn in "Brown Sugar" I got this at Heartstrings Yarn Studio (Chico)

wfsockyarn.jpg

I also bought some roving and some acid dye and duh, I dunno where I bought it. I will find all that later and let you know. The guy at the yarn shop I got it at was really really nice and I want everyone to know about it! Unfortunately he doesn't have a web site. But I can give you the address when I find the card. They sell knitting, crochet, weaving and spinning supplies! Wahoo!

Finally, this is pretty much all I did on my vacation. Splash in the pool.

splashing.jpg

It's good to go away and good to be back.

Posted by beth at July 23, 2007 12:50 PM

Comments

You will make that alpaca fur into yarn???

OH MY!

Posted by: Valerie at July 23, 2007 02:00 PM

Looks like ya had a great time girl.. and geek boy too :)

Posted by: Mia at July 23, 2007 02:05 PM

LOVE the picture of Not-So-Little Geek! Very creative shot. Glad you had such a great time. The trip sounds like you had much fun.

Posted by: Salt City Spinner at July 23, 2007 02:26 PM

That panda alpaca is just too cute!

Posted by: Sharon at July 23, 2007 03:31 PM

That sounds like a fantastic vacation. I'm envious. Love Little Geek's picture in the car!

Posted by: katie at July 23, 2007 04:54 PM

What a great time! And what a beautiful car! I can see now why you wanted to drive it!

I wish I could have done my swimming on my vacation!

Posted by: Christie at July 23, 2007 05:31 PM

Welcome back. Looks like you had a great time!

Posted by: Julia at July 23, 2007 08:22 PM

Keep looking for the card please......I am going to Chico in Sept. Glad you had a grand time.

Posted by: Ann at July 24, 2007 03:53 AM

Looks like you had a FABulous time! Your kiddo is pretty funny in the convertible. When I was 16 I dated a guy who had an old mustang (midnight blue, ooooh, so lovely). He also had an old thunderbird with the half moon backseat, though I don't think it was driveable. I think we necked back there! But, I wouldn't do the deed with him and he dumped me. I was so sad, I had envisioned summer beach trips in the 'stang. And what did I see one day? My neighbor Laura driving around with Chuck in that 'stang and I thought 'oh, she's giving it up!'. I saw her some 20+ years later and asked her, 'didn't you date Chuck' and she looked all puzzled, said, well, they were friends, but didn't date. So I told her the story and we howled with laughter.

Posted by: lisa at July 24, 2007 09:31 AM

Sounds like a wonderful vacation!! I especially like the alpaca pictures. How much cuter can you get??? Glad you made it back in one piece and with a few nice fibery souveniers.

Posted by: Sheepish Annie at July 24, 2007 03:21 PM

What a good time! I could really use some R&R. I love the critter pictures. Funny that the smiling fella really isn't smiling!

Posted by: Karma at July 24, 2007 11:31 PM

Wow, it sounds like a great trip! And you'll love that baby alpaca!

Posted by: Cheryl at July 25, 2007 09:09 AM

Splashing in the pool is an excellent wat to spend your vacation. And I love the pic of your son in the car. So funny!

Posted by: diana at July 25, 2007 09:41 AM

Hi!
And nice to see you back again ;)
This pink sockyarn... that's not me, but I just love it!!! :p They must have been thinking about me when they made it!!! Just wait to see it in my mailbox :p
About cars... http://www.bossebson.com/ This fellow I know well, ;) He got this site from his son - birthdayspresent... I need it had to be updated??? ;)
Hugs from... yes, you know... ;)

Posted by: Bim H-D at July 26, 2007 03:48 AM

That's quite a big splash there in the pool. Did your son just do a cannonball?

Glad you had a good time, wish we could have met up, but alas, it was not meant to be ;)

Posted by: Stacey at July 26, 2007 10:06 PM

Even the few pictures you showed looks like it must have been an awesome trip! And alpacas... you can't go wrong with alpacas.

Posted by: Erin at July 29, 2007 05:51 PM

The first picture got me laughing. Did he eat any bugs on that ride? So cute.

Beautiful mountains. Funny alpaca and...um...pretty partial sock!

Posted by: Laurie at July 30, 2007 06:59 PM

Oh, the car mirror picture is far too cute! Definitely brought a smile to my face. And oh, the llamas. They are so strange looking that they're adorable.

Posted by: Gena at August 1, 2007 11:48 AM