«« Busy busy busy... | Introducing.... »»

May 14, 2007

Wow! Another fab weekend

Here at the Big Geek Ch√Ęteau. I got A LOT done. Including dyeing some more fiber with the pumpkin dye that Carla gave me. Here is the fruits of my labor:

moreorangerov.jpg

I can't say enough good things about how this came out! I LOVE IT!
(but I wouldn't want to marry it) I think I need to try a different color though.... or many different colors. Or I will have much orange in my wardrobe.

I also completed the "knitting" of my Klaralund

almost there.jpg

Now the joy of seaming...... sigh....... my least favorite task.

Posted by beth at May 14, 2007 12:37 PM

Comments

Wow - another great result from the dye pot. That should give you enough yarn to make something big! As for the seaming... focus on the reward! Can't wait to see it finished!

Posted by: Salt City Spinner at May 14, 2007 01:35 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE that orange! At least the seaming looks like it's all pretty straight?

Posted by: lisa at May 14, 2007 04:02 PM

reading your post i suddenly remembered i had a dream about you last night! no idea what it was about, unfortunately, but it was great meeting you at last ;-)

Posted by: kris at May 14, 2007 04:52 PM

The roving really does look like little punkins!!!

Posted by: Sheepish Annie at May 14, 2007 05:40 PM

Happy belated birthday, Beth! Those are lovely pumpkin balls. :)

Posted by: alison at May 14, 2007 06:05 PM

Love, love, love the pumpkin. Bring on the orange!

Posted by: diana at May 15, 2007 11:30 AM

Love the orange, the depth is amazing. I can relate to seaming, it's my least favorite. But it's the finishing that makes the project. Good luck, I can't wait to see the finished Klaralund.

Posted by: allie at May 15, 2007 01:46 PM

I'm not that comfortable with seaming either. However, I got a bit more practice with this last project of mine and I'm liking it more as I get better at it. I used to always look for projects that could be done in the round, but now I feel like I don't have to do that.

I love when I feel like I've learned a new technique!

Posted by: Stacey at May 15, 2007 02:27 PM

the pumpkin balls are beautiful....can't wait to see your sweater finished...!! just make sure you DO finish it...!!!

Posted by: lemon at May 16, 2007 08:16 AM