«« You know I can't sit idle... | Presents and Progress! »»

May 25, 2007

Random stuff

I wasn't sure which category to put this post under. So I chose "Life"

I have not thanked you all for your very nice comments on my sweater!
Thank you! I will be e-mailing you all, if I hadn't already. Not that there are many to e-mail, but I like to respond back when I can.

I think it's nice.

Okay, so what's new with me?

Well, I have 1 sock done. Which sock? The "Spiral Boot Sock" of course. I did not take a picture yet because I want to show a picture of the full finished project. Photo styled and everything. Yeah right...

I must say this is my favorite sock so far! I have even cast on for the second one! As I should.

I wanted to share a couple of recent purchases I have made. Here is the first

greencaplet.jpg

Yes, that's right, I PURCHASED this. I did not make it. (just making things clear...) I got it at my favorite vintage store. I have been eyeballing this for a long long time. And it is finally mine! Yes, MINE! Isn't it the sweetest little capelet you have ever seen? Well I think it is. I would love to figure this pattern out. It doesn't look too difficult.

My next purchases were all from gift cards from my birthday

new books.jpg

Yes, I had a VERY NICE BIRTHDAY!!! I love Amazon. I would marry it.

So I got some great books, there is one book though I am going to send back and that is the Twinkle Book. I looked at it before I bought it but I wish I looked a little closer. All the patterns are for 12-14 year old girls with no "girls" if you know what I mean. Not everyone in the world is SKINNY you know. Sigh....... but I am hoping to exchange it for something better. Well I could make the hat and scarves in the book. At least I know they will fit. Right?

Lastly, I got these at the Dollar store

flip flops.jpg

Guess how much they were? Come on guess!

Yep! A DOLLAR!!

I crack my self up.

ARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!

Posted by beth at May 25, 2007 12:40 PM

Comments

Happy Birthday! The capelet pattern looks similar to something I've seen in my pattern dictionary. If I can find it, I'll send it to you.

Happy reading!

Posted by: Salt City Spinner at May 25, 2007 01:28 PM

Wow what great stuff! That capelet is too cute! Figure that pattern out! :)

Posted by: Christie at May 25, 2007 02:07 PM

Ooh... great stuff!! And as soon as I saw the flip flops my reaction was to say, "Argh!" too...

Posted by: Sara at May 25, 2007 03:38 PM

Oh, what fun stuff! I've yet to cash my birthday check since I've been sort of under the weather. But you've given me some real inspiration here! Maybe I need to visit the bookstore and stock up on the knitting books...or get new flip flops. Hmm....

Happy Birthday!!!!

Posted by: Sheepish Annie at May 25, 2007 07:33 PM

ARGH! I love your new flip flops! How do you like the simple sewing book? Oh, and happy birthday!

Posted by: diana at May 25, 2007 10:56 PM

happy late birthday! I love the books you got, I want Victorian Lace Today so bad! I think I will have to go buy it soon or I may explode! hehe.. The other books look just as insteresting to dive into!!! Your going to be busy for a while now I am sure planning all ofyour projects out... And cant wait to see pictures of the finished socks. :)

Posted by: Jenn at May 26, 2007 02:18 AM

I'm just catching up. You're pretty funny...marrying your sweater, then marrying Amazon! I totally agree about the Twinkle book. Hmm...lost the rest of your post to comment on. I think it was that I had my eye on those Anna socks, glad to know what you saw. Also liked the spiral boot socks, maybe I'll get to them over the summer. Am doing toe ups from the same issue. And, your sweater came out great!

Posted by: lisa at May 27, 2007 11:46 AM

i could have told you about the twinkle book. you should have asked me ;)

but the others you selected are awesome.

Posted by: maryse at May 27, 2007 09:50 PM

I am so curious to know what you think of the "Simple Sewing with a French Twist" book. I almost ordered it from Amazon a few weeks ago, but the reviews weren't very good. The same with "Last Minute Fabric Gifts." Actually, I selfishly think you should do some book reviews because I want to know about the "Making Stuff" book too! Oh, and check out craftster.org and look through their KAL for the Twinkle book - it seems as if the finished knits stretch A LOT. I was worried about the sizes, too, but I'm starting to change my mind after seeing them on many different women of varying sizes.

Oh, and Happy Belated Birthday!

Posted by: Laurie at May 28, 2007 12:11 AM

If you really love the Twinkle book, maybe you could figure out how to throw some short rows in to accomodate the girls?
Did you know there are already corrections to Victorian Lace? I found that out reading "KnitMe" (aka. Pink Lemonade http://www.mamaliz.org/blogs/pinktea/)
The three pgs of corrections:

Posted by: meg at May 28, 2007 12:09 PM