«« Random stuff | Magic Sheep Day 2 »»

May 29, 2007

Presents and Progress!

Wow, that holiday weekend went fast didn't it? I hope everyone had a great kick off to summer. I did! It all started on Friday night when I got home to a package from Kris. When ever I see a package from Kris I get very excited. She sends the nicest things! This was a birthday gift from Kris. I believe my birthday was celebrated all month long (as it should be...)

anyway.... here is what she sent:

sockyarn.jpg

Sorry about the dark picture, it was a sunny day, but the sun was behind a cloud. Isn't it the prettiest sock yarn you have ever seen? It is Norwegian sock yarn and I can't pronounce it, I won't even try. Okay here goes: Hargenflargen Sock yarn. I think that is what it is called Ha Ha.... I love the colors of this. It has reds, purples, greens all mixed up. I am thinking of making the ever popular Monkey Socks.

She also included this in the package:

magic sheep.jpg

I put him together while my son was out of the house. Hey, it's my present right? I want all the fun! I thought it would be fun to see the sheeps progress on a daily basis.

Here he is after I put him together:

ms1.jpg

Poor naked sheep!

Okay, here he is after like 4 hours:

ms2.jpg

and here is a close up of his cute face

mscloseup.jpg

Now when I woke up this morning, he needed a shave. I didn't take a picture. I thought I would tonight when I get home from work.

If only it were a real sheep and real wool! If only he could mow my lawn!

What's next? Oh yes, progress! I thought I would be done with my Spiral Boot Socks, but alas, it wasn't meant to be:

sbs.jpg

But I am getting there.

Thank you Kris for the lovely birthday present! I love it!

Posted by beth at May 29, 2007 12:35 PM

Comments

That yarn is so beautiful! ...but what made me comment was those boot socks. I liked it when I saw the pattern originally... but now, man, I've got to make those some time!

Posted by: Lucy at May 29, 2007 01:48 PM

That sock yarn is gorgeous! I'm also diggin the progress on the twisted socks...don't think that I'm not considering making those into some legwarmers!

The sheep...that's interesting. Pretty cool gift!

Posted by: Christie at May 29, 2007 02:55 PM

That sheep is hilarious! And your socks are looking great. And that yarn is lovely. And yes I was away!

Posted by: lisa at May 29, 2007 04:45 PM

OHHHHHHHHH That is the coolest sheep!!!

Posted by: Claudia at May 29, 2007 04:46 PM

The sock yarn: yum! The sheep: too freakin' cute!
Socks in progress: wow, thats a lot of knitting! I can barely make it through a pair of normal length socks without losing my mind.. good job!

Posted by: Carla at May 29, 2007 05:09 PM

Dude, what is growing on the sheep? Or is it glued on? Is it mold? Or ice crystals? Some new form of indoor lichens?

And does the yarn tag say "Rhubarber"? If not, it should because the colors remind me of my rhubarb plant in the backyard! It's beautiful!

Posted by: katie at May 29, 2007 05:23 PM

oh the spiral boot socks! so pretty! (hmmm, is that my sock mojo i feel? could it be?)

glad you like the gift! the yarn is german, actually, but what's the diff ;-)

Posted by: kris at May 29, 2007 06:01 PM

Cool gifts!!! I will just never get tired of those science-project-type things that grow and change almost before your very eyes! Such fun...

The socks are coming along nicely. My last pair took well over a month. Or more. Bad sheepie!

Posted by: Sheepish Annie at May 29, 2007 08:17 PM

That sheep is sooo cute, and I love the colorway she sent you. WOW! You are so lucky.

Pretty socks.

Posted by: isel at May 29, 2007 10:01 PM

I want a sheep like that!!!!! That is so weird, but I love it.

Posted by: Amanda Dean at May 30, 2007 10:12 AM