«« Where did this week go? | Surprises in the mail... »»

June 14, 2006

I'm a yarnie...

That's what my non fiber friends call me. My husband asks if I am going to do "Yarnie" things on the week of our vacation. What he means is are you going to be going to festivals, spin ins etc... and not include me? But I told him that I don't have any Yarnie things to do while we are on vacation. I will knit and spin, but I will be with him and the boy. Why am I saying all this? I don't know. I couldn't think up a clever title......

But I do have a cute story to tell.......This past Saturday I spent the day with Grandma Geek and Not So Little Geek. We went to garage sales and to lunch. My last stop was to the new quilt shop near their house that carries yarn. I have talked about it before. I wanted to get some yarn for Kris. We are doing a little yarnie exchange... Well on my way in the shop I see this man doing work on the outside of the building. He looked over at me and I froze for a second. Why? Because it was my crush from High School! Did you ever have one of those? The guy you liked from afar and never spoke to because you didn't feel worthy? Okay, so I had a little esteem problem. I worked that out. But he still stopped me in my tracks. I had to regroup! I quick went into the store, made my purchase and scooted back to the car. Of course he saw me and he knew it was me. I felt like such a dork! I mean I am 41! How can this happen? I guess I just didn't expect to see him there! Oh and I didn't have any makeup on. So I don't think I looked my cutest.... Ah well. All this for this:

sock yarn for kris_75.jpg

Sure is pretty though.... I hope Kris likes it.

I did finish 1 sock and it is too small, but I don't want to show it until they are both done. So you will just have to wait. You will just have to suffer through more spinning photos

latesths_25.jpg

The white skein in the middle is the Icelandic wool I picked up recently. I thought it spun up real nice. I have been drawn to natural colors lately. I should be doing something blue for Project Spectrum but I have already spun up my blue. I am going to skip June and try and get some purple for July. THAT is my favorite.

Okay, the above story was kinda dumb, but oh well.

Over and out.

Posted by beth at June 14, 2006 01:02 PM

Comments

oh beth, it's absolutely beautiful! look at those colours! thank you!

and a crush is a crush no matter the age. so he was still cute, eh?

Posted by: kris at June 14, 2006 01:35 PM

That Schaefer yarn is so so pretty! I probably would've reacted the same way if I ran into someone I had a crush on in high school. It hasn't happened but I'd feel weird.

Posted by: monica at June 14, 2006 01:54 PM

I have my ten year reunion next week so I'm almost positive I'll run into my crush. I'll be prepared though (all cutied up) so it'll be no sweat.

Did I mention I've been making a list of songs for your mix CD? But I'm nowhere near done yet!

Posted by: katie at June 14, 2006 02:17 PM

That yarn was worth it. It is funny how something can take up back to when we were younger...even though we feel we should be passed it. I'm sure you looked cuter than you think.

Posted by: Christie at June 14, 2006 02:22 PM

Oh my goodness, I would have reacted the same way. Ack! Run in the opposite direction! :)

That Schaefer is gorgeous. You chose a fabulous colorway.

Posted by: Karma at June 14, 2006 02:24 PM

I've done the same thing. Sigh.

Look at that yarn - gorgeous!

Posted by: diana at June 14, 2006 08:32 PM

Just ran into an ex this past weekend at the Violet Fest. Not fun. His wife is "chew your arm off" ugly tho, so that made me feel TONS better!:)

That yarn is really pretty. Purple for July should be fun! Can't wait to see the colors!!!

Posted by: Carol at June 15, 2006 10:10 AM

Ok - was it KK? Who? When is your vacation? Where are you going? Best friends, and I don't even know this???!!!
I Love the gray and white - that is spectacular!

Posted by: Pegi at June 15, 2006 03:53 PM

Every once in a while I run into my bus crush. A guy from 27 years ago that used to sit by me occasionally on the bus out to the work site for a couple of years. Nice tall handsome thick dark blond hair etc. I'll go 5 years without running into him, then see him 4 or 5 times right in a row. This is one of those times. Oh and he still has all that hair! I try not to stare...

Posted by: kitkatknit at June 15, 2006 04:21 PM

I know exactly what you mean about getting all crazy around your old crush. I think the only person that would make that happen for me is Gabe and well...we're dating. At least I don't feel all crazy all the time anymore!

Posted by: Erin at June 15, 2006 05:39 PM

Ha! Thankfully I live on the other side of the country now... I would not want to see my high school crushes! But, he recognized you, so he DID know who you were! ;) Was he still hot?

Great yarn for Kris! Those colors are amazing!

Posted by: Lolly at June 16, 2006 07:10 AM

We never think we look good, without make-up. But remember, he saw you HOW MANY years ago? Did you always wear make-up then? I'll bet you surprised him, too.

I wasn't bored by the spinning photos. I love black, white and all shades of gray!

Lucky Kris!!!

Posted by: Laurie at June 16, 2006 12:54 PM

Not a dumb story at all. Crushes are crushes...and sometimes they just don't go away :)

Posted by: Stacey at June 20, 2006 02:42 AM