«« Is it really May? | The weekend.... »»

May 24, 2006

You would think I learned my lesson...

latestsock.jpg

Why oh why do I continue to do this? Why do I knit socks in a varigated yarn with a pattern that would obviously look better with a plain yarn? Why? I'm not going to rip, I like um!

Oh and here is the yarn I dyed for my dye-o-rama pal. I'm supposed to talk about it. Here it is:

dyepalyarn1.jpg

I hope she likes it. It's not that bright. I think the flash made it brighter. It's self striping yarn too! It sorta reminds me of an inchworm.

Posted by beth at May 24, 2006 01:00 PM

Comments

what purdy socks....and really kool yarn....oh and from yesterday...love those paca's...are they too cute...does any of the roving match Maxie?

Posted by: lemon at May 24, 2006 01:20 PM

self-striping? very cool!

i love the yarn in the leaf socks too, even though the leaves aren't that obvious. leaves schmeaves!

Posted by: kris at May 24, 2006 01:47 PM

I like your socks, and the yarn is terrific!

Posted by: PumpkinMama at May 24, 2006 01:50 PM

I like your socks too. The colors remind me of fall leaves so it's appropriate that there are little camo-leaves in there. :)

Posted by: katie at May 24, 2006 02:08 PM

I think the embossed leaves socks look great. I've got some in a variegated pattern too and although it obscures the pattern a bit, they still look nice.

Posted by: Jessica at May 24, 2006 02:13 PM

I must agree with everyone, I like the socks. Fall leaves are rarely all one color.

Posted by: Rebekah at May 24, 2006 02:53 PM

Ooh, love the socks. MAkes me want to finish mine. And I am so impressed by your dyeing skills...

Posted by: Stacey at May 25, 2006 12:59 AM

Yeah, me too... I like the socks. Perfect colors for a leaves pattern!

Great yarn!

Posted by: Lolly at May 25, 2006 07:41 AM

I read on a knitting blog the order in which the eye see (which helps with knitting). It was something like: color, texture, lighter, darker, something else. So your eye will be looking at the colors before it looks at the texture/pattern. If the texture is the thing to see, go simple on the color.

It was brought up because someone had made a cabled scarf with thick & thin, black & white yarn. Needless to say, that cables were lost.

I wish I could find more on this for you, but I can't seem to google anything helpful.

Posted by: amy at May 25, 2006 08:43 AM

Hmmmm, for a second I thought that said self-stripping yarn and I was thinking "Hey now, this is a family blog!" hahah

ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring

Bananaphone!!!

Posted by: Carol at May 25, 2006 11:44 AM

Hi from Austria! I do have the same problem like you, I tend to use the most variegated yarns for patterns that ask for something - well, more calm. Happened with the Jaywalkers, now with the Pomatomus socks - will I ever learn? I absolutely love your socks nonetheless, they're awesome and so is the yarn you're using for them! And I can't believe how beautiful the yarn is that you did - these cheerful colors rock! Great job!

Posted by: Dipsy D. at May 25, 2006 02:39 PM

no me gusta

Posted by: Peg at May 25, 2006 03:15 PM

I actually really like the sock! And your dyed yarn is very cheerful!

Posted by: Jeanie at May 26, 2006 08:40 PM

Keep on with the socks honey! That yarn is really great, me likey like. Like Katie said, they are little camo-leaves.

Posted by: Venus at May 27, 2006 11:15 PM