«« You would think I learned my lesson... | What a weekend! Lemme tell you.... »»

May 26, 2006

The weekend....

This weekend is Memorial Day weekend here in the States. A time to remember the dead...the start of summer...cook outs and parades.....I'm pretty much doing all of these things. I haven't had a long weekend since well maybe March. So I am really looking forward to it.

I don't have much knitting accomplished so I thought I would share with you this

ohmy.jpg

This pile of crap is all of my works in progress. Yes.....I'm not so good about finishing things......Let's see, we have 4 unfinished scarves, 1 unfinished sock, 1 unfinished shawl, 1 unfinished bag, 1 unfinished hat and 1 unfinished neckwarmer.

Then we have

2sweaters.jpg

2 unfinished sweaters. (not counting the one I still owe Linda...)

And here we have

stuff to finish.jpg

1 unfelted bag, 1 hand warmer and 1 sock.

I am not going to get this done this weekend. That was not the point of this post. There is no point to this post. I just wanted to share. How many unfinshed projects do you have?

Have a great weekend!
Over and out.

Posted by beth at May 26, 2006 12:13 PM

Comments

hmmm...I can think of another project that is unfinished, actually it isn't even started by ye. Argh! Me head! haha

Since I don't knit I have some nonknitting things I have unfinished: 5 books, that Wonderfalls season, some filing here at work, my lunch and being a wise ass.
How's that?:)

Posted by: Carol at May 26, 2006 01:13 PM

I try to be Zen, or should I say, Harlot, about my knitting, but UFOs still make me feel guilty. I have some weird puritanical programming that makes me feel like I shouldn't start something until I've finished something else. I have a few items that are waiting to be frogged, though.

Posted by: gina at May 26, 2006 01:20 PM

Hmmm, I wonder how many I truly do have, it's probably about like yours, I know of at least 2 sweaters, lots and lots of socks without mates, some shawls, a blanket, but it never will be finished, it's waiting for frogging or trashing.

I love that purple sweater you showed. Very nice.

Posted by: Rebekah at May 26, 2006 02:37 PM

I'm with Gina, I have a really hard time leaving things undone. I think I only have one official UFO and my one sock that I'm working on (slowly).

Have a great weekend!

Posted by: katie at May 26, 2006 02:55 PM

I'm getting quite a collection of UFOs myself. Unfortunately, my attention span is getting shorter and shorter and I want to start something new not too soon after a start a project.

Posted by: Julia at May 26, 2006 03:41 PM

One huge-ass afghan that is getting farther and farther from getting done...

Posted by: diana at May 26, 2006 04:42 PM

Two sweaters, and two pairs of socks - one of the sweaters is actually no longer a WIP, just destined to be frogged. Oh, and one hat, started, almost finished and destined to be restarted in a different color combo...That list sounds almost respectable, doesn't it?

Posted by: Donna at May 26, 2006 06:06 PM

I have a bunch of wips too. I get too excited about new projects!

Posted by: Karma at May 26, 2006 11:10 PM

Ah...that's a lot of UFOs! I guess I am too anal-retentive to start a project before I finish the current one, but what beautiful knitting you have started. By the way, I enjoy reading your blog very much.

Posted by: Mary Lou at May 27, 2006 09:35 AM

I really like all those coloures you are using in your knitting - remind me on me and people often tells me I am coloure blind! So what - black, blue, white and grey are really not challenging coloures!
UFO? Only one!

Posted by: Sandra at May 27, 2006 11:11 AM

I have a few unfinished projects. I'm not sure how many exactly, but I feel better seeing that someone else has more ;)

Posted by: Stacey at May 27, 2006 04:06 PM

Jeepers creepers, lady! The cat looks a bit disdainful, doesn't she? I usually like what I'm knitting so much that I can't wait to finish it. Or I hate it enough that I rush to be done with it. I do have yarn lined up for a dozen projects, though, so I guess those are really unfinished knits too. Worse than that, they are un-STARTED knits. Aw crap.

Posted by: Susan at May 27, 2006 10:57 PM

I have one finished sweater that was too short and very wide so it's being frogged to be added onto. I have one unfinished pair of socks, a year later the other one is almost done. I have a bunch of unfinished bobbins of spun singles from different sheep. I need to finish 'em, match 'em and ply 'em.

Posted by: onaridge at May 27, 2006 11:12 PM

Moving helped unearth the UFO's. Mr. Gadget found his socks and has now placed them at the front of the line. How to explain that there is no force on earth that will get me to knit the other sock before the this cotton fetish is over?

Posted by: Leanne at May 29, 2006 10:44 AM

At the moment I have two. One's a sweater for my mom I started years ago and never finished and the other is that green sock that I started.... I'm not really feeling the love for either of them at the moment...

Posted by: Erin at May 29, 2006 10:49 AM

Oh, Beth, I'm right there with you! My oldest UFO is over a year and a half old. Then there is a pile of stuff that I've finished knitting but haven't sewn together or felted. Currently I have 3 pairs of socks, a baby sweater, 2 tanks and a ribbon bag on the needles. I'm thinking of renaming my blog "Manic Knitter"!

Posted by: Susan at May 29, 2006 12:09 PM

Oh, so good to see somebody else with the "starting" obsession... Now I feel less guilty for having just started yet another sweater last week, with so much stuff on the needles... I stopped counting my UFOs... no need to get demoralised at the thought of oh-so many unfinished things, right?! ;)

Posted by: Annarella at May 29, 2006 01:55 PM

hey bethie....so what did you get finished? anything...you could look for a one armed one leg person and give them the handwarmer and sock...hehehe... that really wasn't very nice...i'm sorry....hope you had a great weekend...

Posted by: lemon at May 30, 2006 07:57 AM

If you are only counting on-needle or needs a mate type UFO's then I have the following to complete:
1.1 Cabin Cove Baby Cable Rib Sock, 1 Koigu premmie sock, 1 rib and cable mitt. Plus I need to finish spinning more Romney so I can add on to my Zoe Stole. It's actually complete, I just want to make it longer.

Posted by: kitkatknit at May 30, 2006 01:52 PM

Snik! I try not to rummage through the bags that I have thrown in the closet....but the packing is bringing many things to light that I wish I could forget about again!

What is up with DIY!? Are we ever going to be famous?

Posted by: meg at May 30, 2006 06:40 PM

What a great idea to assess your UFO's! You are a stronger woman than me since I prefer to take the ostritch approach of just not seeing my UFO's in that basket over there in the corner, or the shelf above my computer, or downstairs under the coffee table, or in the tote bag hanging in the hall, or...

Posted by: SpiderWomanKnits at May 30, 2006 11:09 PM

Um... I think you better get off the computer and get busy!!! *grin*

Posted by: Mia at May 31, 2006 08:27 AM