«« Spinster | You would think I learned my lesson... »»

May 22, 2006

Is it really May?

Then why is it so damn cold! I want to turn my heat off for good! (At least until October....)

So I did have a wonderful fibery weekend....even though it was cold and rainy. I went to see my hubby play with his band at an art gallery on Friday night. That was fun, but him being the good husband that he is brought my birthday package from home from the lovely and talented Kris! He knew that I couldn't wait and now you can see why

giftsfromkris.jpg

That pink yarn? Is Cashmere baby!!!! Oh yeah, say it with me now...WAHOO!!! The other yarn underneath I found out is lace weight AND it's Kris's new favorite yarn. I can see why! I am not sure if I should make a shawl or socks. Seems to nice for my feet....

I met up with another lovely and talented person: Mia on Sunday. She needed some inspiration so I told her to check out some of my pattern books. She went home happy. She also took me here.

We saw these guys:

alpacas.jpg

Sorry about the pole there in the middle. They were all shorn. They looked so skinny! But cute none the less. Speaking of cute

kitty.jpg

AAAAWWWWW!!!!! How cute is this little guy? He or she (not sure which) was in the hay. I had to pick it up. I wanted to squeeze it and hug it and call it George! I didn't bring him home, but I did bring this home

myhaul.jpg

I have been seeing so many nice things that every one bought in Maryland that I felt left out. So I bought almost a pound of alpaca roving. CLEAN and PRIME. Lovely stuff really.

So there you have it. I did start a sock last night! Can you believe it? Progress pictures tomorrow or the next day.

Over and out.

Posted by beth at May 22, 2006 12:36 PM

Comments

ooooh! i love a post with lots of cute animals :) how sweet.

Posted by: gleek at May 22, 2006 01:16 PM

AwwW! I wuv dat wittle K-I-T-T-I-E! Hims is so cute! Oh yeah, the yarn is nice too! haha "No Kittie, bad kittie, it's my pot pie!"

Posted by: Carol at May 22, 2006 02:04 PM

That's funny because one of my kitties IS named George. But he's not tiny and in a haystack.

Nice gifts and such cute little tail poofs on those alpaca. I like 'em!

Posted by: katie at May 22, 2006 02:17 PM

cashmere, alpacas, kitties, Mia and prime roving. What a freaking fabulous weekend!
Can you belive it SNOWED last night? HAIL yesterday? This weather is so odd. Weather report for this coming weekend, days ago said warm and sunny, the next day it said warm but tons of rain. This morning it said NEAR 90 degrees and partly sunny.

I don't care so long as its warm enough for my furnace to stay OFF!

Posted by: Carla at May 22, 2006 02:32 PM

HOLY My GOODNESS.. that has to be THE CUTEST picture of a cat I've ever seen..... (other than my beautiful Lizzy).. you must have a GREAT photographer! *grin*

Posted by: Mia at May 22, 2006 02:44 PM

Cute animals and yummy yarns make a great post! Love the little kitty and the naked alpacas! ;)
You are a lucky girl with all of that loot from Kris. Those colors are amazing!

Posted by: Lolly at May 23, 2006 08:35 AM

Beautiful roving, I have some alpaca in my stash as well. It's destined to be this little sweater in one of my Wild Fibers magazine.

Posted by: Rebekah at May 23, 2006 12:02 PM

Cute kitten!!! I would have wanted to take him home too!!

Posted by: Erin at May 23, 2006 10:01 PM

Yarn, alpaca, fleece AND George. You fit it all into 1 weekend?!?

Posted by: Laurie at May 24, 2006 03:42 PM