«« Second Sock Syndrome | Happy Halloween »»

October 24, 2005

Yarn and Books, What's not to love?

Seeing as how I didn't make it to Rhinebeck..... I went to an Alpaca Show on Saturday instead.

alpacashow_25.jpg

Just look at them all! They are the cutest things! It was all I could do not to just take one home. I mean look at this guy

pompomalpaca_25.jpg

I think he was smiling at me! I couldn't leave home empty handed so I picked up some yarn

alpacayarn_25.jpg

I'll say it is A Little Bit of Heaven as the label implies. I also bought some roving but my picture came out too dark! It was dyed roving. Pinks, purples blues, natural colors. YUM!

Then Sunday it was off to Ithaca New York to the Book Sale. 10 cent a book day. There was something for everyone there. Here is a picture of my haul

booksalefodder_25.jpg

There are some beauties there! I am not as funny as Ms McYarnpants. But a few stand out

geek_25.jpg

Nothing says "dork" like a complete hand knit outfit! He will be beat up for sure.

lauriepartridge_25.jpg

I guess we know what Laurie Partridge was doing in between gigs.

nice_50.jpg

God I hope these never come back in style!

I finished 1 sock!

2socks_25.jpg

Now to finish the other 2.......

Posted by beth at October 24, 2005 12:29 PM

Comments

OMG! I have that SAME magazine with the ugly granny square overalls on the cover!!!!!!

Posted by: toni at October 24, 2005 01:19 PM

I think he is a she, and she is closing her eyes giving you big smackeroo!!!!

Posted by: Margret at October 24, 2005 01:22 PM

heh he... i love the dorky knit outfit. and the bobble shirt is really cute, i think, in a non satirical way. oh i so want to go to a sheep festival.

cute socks!

Posted by: blossom at October 24, 2005 01:50 PM

that alpaca face is too cute.

and laurie partridge looks stylin' -- i so wanted to be her when i was 8. she was way cooler than marcia brady.

Posted by: maryse at October 24, 2005 02:48 PM

I have that book with Susan Day in it! I just loved seeing her modeling, she was such a darling (and still is!). Love the retro patterns in that magazine too. It's a classic!

Posted by: Jeanie at October 24, 2005 04:36 PM

Oooooooo. The alapaca looks liked it was a lot of fun. What's not to love about alapaca's (and their fluff) Thanks for comment about my spinning. The battle with spinning really is to just keep doing it, it really seems like there aren't short cuts, you just get better and better the longer you do it.

Posted by: Rebecca at October 24, 2005 07:06 PM

that alpaca is the cutest! look at that toasty head! also, i quite like the bobble sweater, i must say...

get cracking on those second socks! i promise i'll start mine if you do.

Posted by: kris at October 25, 2005 04:18 AM

Yep, you definitely need a matching pair...

And possibly an alpaca in the yard. They're rather huggable, eh? (yeeees, I hugged an alpaca in Vermont. A llama, too. How can you not hug them?)

Posted by: Lee Ann at October 25, 2005 09:26 AM

You mean that's not a pair?

I think your son would love that outfit. Be sure to knit it in acrylic so you can wash the blood off. Bawahahahahahahaha

Posted by: Jon at October 25, 2005 09:32 AM

I'm glad you found some great stuff at the alpaca show.

I still love those watermelon socks! It looks like you have a major case of second sockitis.

Posted by: Erin at October 25, 2005 10:55 AM

Oh, I want an Alpaca too! It could sleep in the bed with us, then I wouldn't have to turn the heat on this winter.

Love the old books, of course I have 100 or so myself, which are so much fun to look at. I really need to find more book sales.

Posted by: Rebekah at October 25, 2005 11:15 AM

I love those striped socks. They are too too too too cute. And so are the alpacas. They make me think of my dog... but with long necks, and much bigger, and yeah, so I guess they are nothing like my dog to anyone else, but they look like him to me.

Posted by: kate at October 25, 2005 03:17 PM

Thanks for the comment! I LOVE circs for socks. I am already swatching for my next pair!

Those LLAMAS!! Way too cute. I've been suppressing my desire to have a llama for a couple of months now. LOL - My husband is starting to get worried. =)

Posted by: April at October 25, 2005 05:39 PM

The alpacas are so adorable! They have such gentle eyes.

Posted by: Sara at October 28, 2005 09:43 AM

Is it just me, or do Alpaca look like they are very friendly animals?

The friendliest!

Posted by: Amanda at October 28, 2005 01:19 PM

An alpaca show- how lucky! I just happened to go to the state fair this summer on the day they had their alpaca show but there weren't nearly as many as at the show you went to! I love alpacas and my husband has dreams of our very own alpaca farm. Maybe someday . . .

I love your socks! The colors are great and I hope you finish the pairs. I'm knitting my 1st sock right now. I'm almost done and starting another all over again doesn't sound too appealing. Maybe next time we should knit them both at the same time!

Posted by: casey at October 29, 2005 01:01 PM