«« Inspiration | Second Sock Syndrome »»

October 17, 2005

I wish...

I wish I could have gone to Rhinebeck! Sigh..............Well I couldn't make it and I would really love to live vicariously through all of you who have. So please tell me who went so I can check out your pictures!!!! (Note: this is not a whoreing for comments)

Well I can't show fabulous pictures of things from Rhinebeck I can show my kool aid dyed yarn. I know, it's not the same. But look, I got nothing okay?

orgbyarn_25.jpg

plumbyarn_25.jpg

Yes, all achived with kool aide!!!

Here is what you get when you let an 8 year old boy loose with yarn and kool aide (is there an e on aide???? don't know...)

dcyarn_25.jpg

We are calling it the monster colors. Neat huh?

Thank you to all on my "Inspirational" post last week. I am glad it got you thinking. It was more serious than I usually get or am. Wait until New Years! I may even get you to cry!

Posted by beth at October 17, 2005 12:08 PM

Comments

Beth, your dyed yarn looks great. What are you going to do with it all? I especially like the orange--very seasonal.

Posted by: Julia at October 17, 2005 12:21 PM

i luv all the colors....and i really like dan's...looks kinda like tye dye...are you going to make him a hat or scarf with it?

Posted by: lemon at October 17, 2005 12:25 PM

I didn't get to go to Rhinebeck either :-( But Alison has lots of good stuff on her Blue Blog (http://alison.knitsmiths.us/) with lots of other links to others who were able to go. Hopefully that will work for ya. I love your Kool-Aide yarn -- good job!

Posted by: Jeanie at October 17, 2005 12:26 PM

Wow! You continue to dazzle me with your spinning and dyeing! You are amazing! I am sincerely impressed! Double wow!!

Posted by: Audrey at October 17, 2005 12:50 PM

Hi Beth - First of all, I want to make sure you know that the Yarn Harlot appearance at Creekside Books is cancelled. Apparently a very good friend of Stephanie's died suddenly so she is altering her tour.

Now ... as for Rhinebeck ... I also have the blues that I couldn't go ... SO ... I'm making sure that doesn't happen next year! I've already made a hotel reservation in nearby Kingston and will head down there on Friday. You are more than welcome to come with me next year!

BTW ... we are knitting in Armory at Starbucks this Saturday morning starting about 10:30 or so. I'm sure all the Rhinebeckers (Erin, Elizabeth, Jill, Diana etc.)will be there reliving the experience and flashing their stash acquisitions. (I am soooo jealous!) Come on down!

Susan H-K

Posted by: Susan at October 17, 2005 01:59 PM

Love the dyed yarn- can't wait to see your plans for it!

Posted by: Cathi at October 17, 2005 02:59 PM

Someone's got Kool-Aid skills.

Posted by: Alexa at October 17, 2005 06:38 PM

Beth, you are the bomb-diggity. Dan is not far behind you, either! But to make someone cry? Come on - I know you better then that! Just kidding. I am going to be posting my knitting on my blog once our computer is up and running again, so stay tuned!!!!

For those of you out there - Beth and her hunny bunny just celebrated their anniversary - I believe it is 12 years???

Posted by: Peg at October 18, 2005 09:58 AM

wow, gorgeous yarns!! you are amazing.

Posted by: blossom at October 18, 2005 05:18 PM

Love the yarn. Looks very "profesh". :)

Posted by: Stacey at October 19, 2005 01:35 AM

great job on the koolaid dye job! i've been wanting to try that for months. i'm willing to dye yarn but not spin it :) don't need ANOTHER hobby to get into.

i went to rhinebeck with my fellow spiders. drop by and check out the pics!

Posted by: gleek at October 19, 2005 03:13 PM

Cool stuff, I feel your pain over Rhinebeck. I'll probably NEVER get to go. poor me =)

Posted by: April at October 20, 2005 09:17 AM

The colors are so great! Nice job. Don't you love the process? Then you get the added treat of seeing how it knits up!

Posted by: Christie at October 20, 2005 04:41 PM

Love your hand-dyed yarn, especially the berry-like colourway! Fantastic job! :)

A xx