«« I am going to New York BABY | Top O' The Mornin' »»

March 16, 2005

NOT 1, NOT 2, BUT YES, 4 COUNT THEM 4 PAIR OF SHOES

I love life. Life is good. So are 4 PAIR OF SHOES!

25_4pairofshoes.jpg

Here is an up close shot of the purple shoes

50_purpleshoes.jpg

Here is an up close shot of the "sparkly" numbers. I got these at Urban Outfitters. One of the things I miss about not living in Philadelphia, besides my friends

50_sparklynumbers.jpg

Of course it is still too cold to wear them!

New York was fun! You all know what this is

50_empirestatebldg.jpg

I finished my sock on the train and started my other one!

25_socks.jpg

That is hubby's hand holding the sock. See? They are good for something.

The burlesque show was a blast. I saw The World Famous Bob and Dirty Martini. I stopped by Knit New York. I got an older Rebecca Magazine. They were nicer in there this time. I was wearing my first clapotis and I was really hot, so I took my coat off and took off my clapotis. Well, I caused a minor uproar! 3 women wanted to know if I knit it, where I got the pattern, and what the yarn was! I just wanted to get out of there. I was on the way to get a beer and saw the shop! It was nice of them though...
All in all a good time. Glad to be home.

Posted by beth at March 16, 2005 12:20 PM

Comments

SHOES!!!! They're great! Too bad it's still really cold out. The sun may be shining but it's still freakin' freezing! I finished my clapotis! I'm talking blocked and sewn in ends. In fact, I'm wearing it today and I love it!

Posted by: Erin at March 16, 2005 12:58 PM

You used to live in Philadelphia, too? Too cool! I got shoes, too! Mine are pink (http://grumperina.blogspot.com/2005/03/pink-shoes-rambling-not-for-faint-of.html). I'm going to be taking Amtrak in two weeks; I expect a lot of knitting to be accomplished in the 9 hours I'll be sitting on my bum.

Hmmm... am I spacing, or do your comments not accept "a href" formatting?

Posted by: grumperina at March 16, 2005 02:12 PM

Pretty shoes. Neat socks!

Posted by: Secret Pal 4 at March 16, 2005 02:34 PM

luv the socks....now about the shoes???? somehow i just don't see you in them...not the ones with the straps the other indian looking ones...hummm i think your style has changed a bit from your philly days....what say?

Posted by: Lemon at March 16, 2005 03:14 PM

those are some HOTT shoes.

Posted by: crystal at March 16, 2005 06:31 PM

Those purple shoes are so funky and fun! And the sequins and beads are so luxe...but is that a (gasp) cameltoe I see on that sparkly shoe??

Posted by: gibsongirl at March 17, 2005 12:20 AM

i so want the sparkly ones! i was just lookin' at urban's catalog and have to get those. they are all great!

Posted by: froggy at March 17, 2005 05:13 AM

Oh, I do very much like the purpley Mary Janes. Very fun! I am lately feeling a little bit sock obsessed, but having recently started Rogue, I think it will be awhile before I am able to do anything about it...

Posted by: Rachel at March 17, 2005 06:02 AM

Love the shoes, Beth! I was just flipping through the new catalog the other day... so cool that you got 4 pairs!

Glad you had a nice time in NYC!

Posted by: Lolly at March 17, 2005 06:37 AM

I should hope hubby's hands are good for more than just that --if you know what I mean. ;)

Looks like NY was fun and I love the socks!

Posted by: jessica~ at March 17, 2005 01:54 PM

Looks like NY was fun and I love the socks!

Posted by: jessica~ at March 17, 2005 01:55 PM

I'm glad to hear the people at Knit NY were nice to you but not suprised to hear you say they were nicer which implies they haven't been nice in the past. I was in NYC in January and made it a point to go to some local shops. I went there and they totally ignored me and acted bothered when I asked them questions. Needless to say I left without buying anything. When I got back to Syracuse I sent them an e-mail suggesting they improve their customer service delivery if they didn't want to continue to lose customers. I went to The Yarn Co. at 2274 Broadway. They were wonderful and so was their yarn selection! I recommend them to everyone when in NYC.

Posted by: Karen at March 19, 2005 10:17 AM

SHOES!!!!!!!! I love shoes. I just saw some today that are really cute...

Posted by: Stacey at March 20, 2005 11:09 PM

I LOVE those purple shoes. Did you get them at Urban Outfitter's too? Your socks look great too...they'll look nice in one of your many pairs of shoes:)

Posted by: beth at March 23, 2005 05:18 PM