«« Help! | I have more Clapotis! »»

January 26, 2005

Okay, I really can't wait

I will do it the simple way. Here is one picture of my finished Clapotis.

clapotis on me.jpg

I have to weave in the ends. I really really really REALLY love this. It came out perfectly! It is really really really REALLY LONG too. I have a picture of it hanging on a door in my house and I can't seem to upload it. I will hope to have it figured out by tomorrow.

If you are going to make this using the yarn I did, which was South West Trading Company, 100% Soy Silk, Phoenix. Make sure, if you have a section of it where the fibers are "fraying" that you don't use that yarn and start it again at the end of the row. The yarn broke on me! I have to think of something to fix it, I hope I don't have to resort to glue. It is only in 2 spots. Grrrrr.....

Posted by beth at January 26, 2005 05:53 PM

Comments

I can't believe you finished the Clapotis! You certainly have been busy! I have to see it! Are you going to make it out on Saturday?

Posted by: Erin at January 26, 2005 07:01 PM

Ooooooo! So very pretty!! That's it, I must make one.

Posted by: Rachel at January 26, 2005 07:50 PM

y bethie....it's beautiful!!!! looks like it came from a magazine....where have you been? how u feeling?

Posted by: Lemon at January 26, 2005 08:27 PM

so pretty...excellent job! Can't wait to make one too!

Posted by: Christie at January 27, 2005 07:57 AM

Your clapotis is just lovely!
I definitely must make one too..

Alice

Posted by: Alice at January 27, 2005 11:03 AM

Wow! That's really nice! I love seeing it in the soy silk yarn ... hmmmm ... is it in my future? After seeing yours, maybe!!

Posted by: Jenifer at January 27, 2005 06:26 PM

That is just lovely!

Posted by: Ellen at January 27, 2005 10:11 PM

hi. i hope this comment isn't too late for you to check it. i was looking for "soy silk clapotis" because i want to make mine with the soy silk, and I came upon yours. I wanted to know how many skeins of phoenix it took and what needle size you used. clapotis might be too advance for me right now but i am working up to it!

Posted by: michelle at May 29, 2005 08:44 PM

Hi! This is a LONG time after the fact but I adore the size of your Clapotis. I made one last fall, but it's small. In the pattern, the designer describes making a bigger one, but did you use an actual pattern (number of increase rows etc.), or did you make up the size as you went along? Did you use the same size needles as the pattern suggests? What sort of gage was the yarn? Thanks in advance for your time. It's really beautiful!
Julie